Time to call in the skeleton crew~the Halloween countdown has begun.
This centerpiece will haunt the treats table at our party. The body and bones were cut from the October 31st cartridge on the Cricut Expression~the parts were assembled in various stances and dances using tacky glue. Then they were hung from a tree branch that was painted black and screwed to a board (to keep it standing). Make your own below…
How to make your own Skeleton Crew Display:
- Cut a branch from a tree (a citrus branch was used in this photo)
- Spray paint a metallic black
- Screw or nail to a 8″ long 2×6 piece of board. (Tip: if you don’t have the means necessary for assembling a board, put the stick in a vase and fill with beans…or river rocks if your stick is larger).
- For the skeletons, cut bodies and bones out of white card stock from the October 31st cartridge on the Cricut Expression.
- Assemble skeletons in various ways using tacky glue.
- Punch a small hole in the top of each head to attach hanger.
- String filament or Gutermann’s Sulky Invisible thread through the hole in the heads and loop-tie the other end.
- Arrange on the tree so each skeleton can turn freely.