This week I want to focus on getting back in shape~this includes eating better and getting myself psyched up to go to the gym. (Eating better is going to be waaaay easier.)
One of the easiest things to whip up~that makes me feel better instantly~is a smoothie my husband invented. I have read a lot about the benefits of yogurt, berries and cinnamon lately, and this yummy concoction has all three~and then some. Here's the recipe:
Berry Smoothie with Cinnamon
1. In a blender put...
- 1 ripe banana
- 1-2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries and strawberries
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- a pinch of cinnamon (upto a 1/4 teaspoon)
- a little water to get the blender going
- * for extra chill and crunch, add a few cubes of ice
2. Blend until smooth. Adjust to your tastes with more berries, yogurt, or cinnamon
3. Pour into your favorite pretty glasses and share!
We often ride bikes on the weekends and make this treat the minute we come in the door. Being cyclists we read the LiveStrong website where they've published more information about smoothies. Read up, drink down, and live well!